Bakersfield spices up National Chicken Wing Day menu for July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The celebration for National Chicken Wing Day has started early at Bakersfield restaurant in Westmont, which features its new smoked buffalo wings with house-made bleu cheese dip, paired with an Allagash white draft brew for $10.
Executive Chef Brian Wright says his wings are made with FreeBird chicken sourced from Bakersfield's sister-concept Standard Market located across the street.
The wings are brined for 24 hours, seasoned with house-made buffalo spice, smoked over hickory and cedar, then coated with a rice flour batter and flash fried until crispy. The wings then are given a second dusting of buffalo spice and served with celery, hot sauce and bleu cheese dip.
The pairing will be available at lunch and dinner through July 31. The official National Chicken Wing Day falls July 29.
Bakersfield is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday and Monday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday at 330 E. Ogden Ave. For more information, contact
630-568-3615 or visit BakersfieldRestaurant.com.
More Food & Drink News
- Choirs to join Elgin Symphony Orchestra in 'Beethoven Inspired'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra