Bakersfield spices up National Chicken Wing Day menu for July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The celebration for National Chicken Wing Day has started early at Bakersfield restaurant in Westmont, which features its new smoked buffalo wings with house-made bleu cheese dip, paired with an Allagash white draft brew for $10.
Executive Chef Brian Wright says his wings are made with FreeBird chicken sourced from Bakersfield's sister-concept Standard Market located across the street.
The wings are brined for 24 hours, seasoned with house-made buffalo spice, smoked over hickory and cedar, then coated with a rice flour batter and flash fried until crispy. The wings then are given a second dusting of buffalo spice and served with celery, hot sauce and bleu cheese dip.
The pairing will be available at lunch and dinner through July 31. The official National Chicken Wing Day falls July 29.
Bakersfield is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday and Monday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday at 330 E. Ogden Ave. For more information, contact
630-568-3615 or visit BakersfieldRestaurant.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Morton Arboretum Photographic Society shows works in Woodridge
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 4
- Special menu to mark anniversary of prasino LaGrange
- Artist deadline extended for West Chicago banner project