Bakersfield spices up National Chicken Wing Day menu for July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The celebration for National Chicken Wing Day has started early at Bakersfield restaurant in Westmont, which features its new smoked buffalo wings with house-made bleu cheese dip, paired with an Allagash white draft brew for $10.
Executive Chef Brian Wright says his wings are made with FreeBird chicken sourced from Bakersfield's sister-concept Standard Market located across the street.
The wings are brined for 24 hours, seasoned with house-made buffalo spice, smoked over hickory and cedar, then coated with a rice flour batter and flash fried until crispy. The wings then are given a second dusting of buffalo spice and served with celery, hot sauce and bleu cheese dip.
The pairing will be available at lunch and dinner through July 31. The official National Chicken Wing Day falls July 29.
Bakersfield is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday and Monday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday at 330 E. Ogden Ave. For more information, contact
630-568-3615 or visit BakersfieldRestaurant.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named