Nature activities featured at campground in Warrenville
By Suburban Life Media
Families can experience all the fun of camping out without taxing the gas tank, thanks to the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County’s Blackwell Family Campground in Warrenville.
The site is open Friday and Saturday nights through Sept. 29, and Sunday night, Sept. 1.
The suburban campground offers 64 sites with electricity, some for trailers or motor homes. Each has a fire ring and picnic table and can hold eight people, two tents and one vehicle. Showers, restrooms and water pumps are available.
Free nature activities are offered campers most weekends.
The nightly fee is $20 per site for DuPage County residents, and $30 for nonresidents.
Reservations are recommended. Visit dupageforest.org and click “Things to Do” and “Recreational Activities” or call 630-933-7248 weekdays.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- TOTH sets auditions for world premiere in Bolingbrook
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Kennedy Summers to launch new game at Sanctuary sports bar in Brookfield
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- Backstage tour of Lyric Opera to depart from La Grange Park