Nature activities featured at campground in Warrenville
By Suburban Life Media
Families can experience all the fun of camping out without taxing the gas tank, thanks to the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County’sá Blackwell Family Campground in Warrenville.
The site is open Friday and Saturday nights through Sept. 29, and Sunday night, Sept. 1.
The suburban campground offers 64 sites with electricity, some for trailers or motor homes. Each has a fire ring and picnic table and can hold eight people, two tents and one vehicle. Showers, restrooms and water pumps are available.
Free nature activities are offered campers most weekends.
The nightly fee is $20 per site for DuPage County residents, and $30 for nonresidents.
Reservations are recommended. Visit dupageforest.org and click “Things to Do” and “Recreational Activities” or call 630-933-7248 weekdays.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Tower Chorale invites new voices to sing Beatles hits at Western Springs rehearsals
- Bloomingdale artists group offers silk painting class with Rhonda Popko
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Trinity Irish Dancers to perform from Hinsdale to Addison and beyond
- Check out select events in Planit 5