Region's restaurants to flavor 'Taste of the Arts' benefit for Theatre of Western Springs
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The Theatre of Western Springs presents the seventh annual extravaganza of food and fun titled “Taste of the Arts” from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Saturday, July 20. Guests can sample cuisine from some of the area’s finest restaurants, along with wines, beers and beverages, all included with the price of admission. Tickets cost $50 in advance, and $60 at the door.
“Taste of the Arts” will take place on the large patio in front of the theater at 4384 Hampton Ave., with activities going on indoors and outdoors. Silent and live auction items number close to 100. Actors and actresses of the Theatre of Western Springs all work the benefit to ensure a successful evening.
“This event is for the community,” said Jennifer Jermano Miller of Indian Head Park, who chairs the TWS board of governors. “It’s our chance to host a beautiful summer party as a way of thanking patrons and introducing newcomers to our theater. Everyone is welcome.”
To date, participating restaurants include:
• Events by Tommy R’s, Hinsdale
• Davanti Enoteca, Western Springs
• Café Salsa, Countryside
• Mécénat Bistro, Western Springs
• The Chew Chew, Riverside
• Emilio’s Tapas, Hillside
• Francesca’s Bellezza, La Grange
• Now Serving Cafe, La Grange
• Whole Foods Market, Hinsdale
• Tate’s Ice Cream, La Grange
Silent auction items are bigger and better than ever, say organizers, noting they include an instant wine cellar valued at $650. Many items will be up for the live auction including an autographed STYX guitar.
There’s also a grand raffle with tickets available now and at the event. They cost $10 each or three for $25, and the winner need not be present. The prizes are described below.
• First prize is $1,000 toward airfare and a one week Royal Aloha vacation to Hawaii, Spain or Mexico, or domestically to Arizona, Lake Tahoe or Branson
• Second prize: Two nights at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena
• Third prize: dinner for four with wine pairings at Vie Restaurant in Western Springs
“‘The Taste of the Arts’ has become a staple for the Theatre of Western Springs, and each year the event features new cuisine, live entertainment, and wonderful auction items,” said Martha Niles of Chicago, who chairs the event. “Not only is the event a fabulous deal and fabulous fun, it is our largest fundraiser. This event helps make it possible for the western suburbs to have amazing theater at great prices.”
A nonprofit organization founded in 1929, TWS receives no subsidized monies of any kind. Rather, it depends on subscriptions, single ticket sales, tuition, donations and fundraisers. Its mission is to entertain, to educate, and to inspire across the generations through the art of live theater.
Since 1946, the Children’s Theatre of Western Springs has been providing comprehensive theater education. Students from first grade through high school are offered a broad curriculum that encompasses acting, voice, dance and movement, stagecraft, play writing, directing and technical theater. More than 400 students are enrolled.
For advance tickets for the benefit and raffle, contact 708-246-4340 or www.theatrewesternsprings.com.
More Food & Drink News
- St. Patrick’s Day revels begin at Ballydoyle Irish Pub in Downers Grove
- Congregation Etz Chaim to celebrate Purim with joy, humor; musical Shabbat also nears in Lombard
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 13 to 22
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, March 13 to April 13
- Tuscany in Oak Brook to serve pizza at price of 'pi' for National Pi Day