Baton to rise on Wheaton Pops summer season
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
In its 55th year, the Wheaton Pops Orchestra summer season opens at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 13, with three guest vocalists, Christine and David Pfenninger, plus boy soprano Michael Semanic in selections from his recent starring role in "Oliver" with Light Opera Works.
Conducted by Kevin McMahon, the concert features Broadway showstoppers. It's followed by "Hooray! for Hollywood" on July 27; a program of Rodgers and Hart hits Aug. 3, and "The Big Bands" on Aug. 10.
Venue and tickets
The season is set in Glenbard South High School Auditorium, 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn. Tickets cost $32, or $96 for all four concerts. To purchase tickets, contact 630-790-1430, www.ticketweb.com or www.wheatonsymphony.org.
More Concerts News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Nov. 2 to 9
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Oct. 30 to Nov. 13
- Recycled Percussion to unleash 'junk rock' at Paramount
- Mystery Diner: John & Tony's an inviting Italian-American steakhouse
- Chamber music ensemble Picosa to debut at Mayslake in Oak Brook