GreenBuilt Home Tour set for mid-July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
With environmental awareness on the rise, many homes today have been designed with sustainability in mind. The first GreenBuilt Home Tour is about to celebrate local examples.
It will showcase 16 houses and other structures across the Chicago and suburban region that feature affordable and practical green living today. Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21, the suburban destinations are located in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Brookfield, La Grange and Naperville.
Get ideas for your own home or simply learn about what can be done to make residences more efficient and environmentally friendly.
A passport good for two people costs $25; and admission is free for those younger than 18. Register at greenbuilthometour.org. For more information, call 312-245-8300.
More Lifestyle News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Nov. 2 to 9
- Art events to draw support for Elmhurst charity
- Radio reenactment troupe to present ‘Oh No, It’s Poe!'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- 'Gold Star Mother Pilgrimages' author to appear at Cantigny
- Labriola Café pastry chefs to assist at haunted house decorating
- Bowls for Hunger benefit set at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard
- Cantigny 5K to support homeless veterans
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 23 to 31
- Reception set for exhibit by Sister Mary Southard at Theosophical Society in Wheaton