GreenBuilt Home Tour set for mid-July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
With environmental awareness on the rise, many homes today have been designed with sustainability in mind. The first GreenBuilt Home Tour is about to celebrate local examples.
It will showcase 16 houses and other structures across the Chicago and suburban region that feature affordable and practical green living today. Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21, the suburban destinations are located in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Brookfield, La Grange and Naperville.
Get ideas for your own home or simply learn about what can be done to make residences more efficient and environmentally friendly.
A passport good for two people costs $25; and admission is free for those younger than 18. Register at greenbuilthometour.org. For more information, call 312-245-8300.
More Lifestyle News
- Holiday Bazaar & Ladies Night Out set at White Pines in Bensenville
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 26 to Jan. 4
- Planit 5: Cook events: Nov. 25 to Jan. 4
- Theatre of Western Springs to present ‘Santaland Diaries’
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Wheaton Park District to unwrap gift cards, Black Friday sales, pool specials
- Reception to launch Shakespeare-inspired art exhibit in Elmhurst
- Boy Scouts prepare for holiday wreath sale in Wheaton
- Gallery 200 offers jewelry making event in West Chicago
- 'Illumination' about to shine at Morton Arboretum in Lisle