GreenBuilt Home Tour set for mid-July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
With environmental awareness on the rise, many homes today have been designed with sustainability in mind. The first GreenBuilt Home Tour is about to celebrate local examples.
It will showcase 16 houses and other structures across the Chicago and suburban region that feature affordable and practical green living today. Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21, the suburban destinations are located in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Brookfield, La Grange and Naperville.
Get ideas for your own home or simply learn about what can be done to make residences more efficient and environmentally friendly.
A passport good for two people costs $25; and admission is free for those younger than 18. Register at greenbuilthometour.org. For more information, call 312-245-8300.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Film society to bring Roger Ebert documentary to Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove