GreenBuilt Home Tour set for mid-July
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
With environmental awareness on the rise, many homes today have been designed with sustainability in mind. The first GreenBuilt Home Tour is about to celebrate local examples.
It will showcase 16 houses and other structures across the Chicago and suburban region that feature affordable and practical green living today. Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21, the suburban destinations are located in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Brookfield, La Grange and Naperville.
Get ideas for your own home or simply learn about what can be done to make residences more efficient and environmentally friendly.
A passport good for two people costs $25; and admission is free for those younger than 18. Register at greenbuilthometour.org. For more information, call 312-245-8300.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Artists’ Guild unveils juried exhibit
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Hinsdale Humane Society to throw kitten shower festivities
- Waterleaf to uncork Dutton-Goldfield wine dinner in Glen Ellyn
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Dream gardens to take shape at Morton Arboretum Arbor Day Plant Sale in Lisle
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- TOM’S COOKBOOK LIBRARY: Getting to the heart of Italian cookery