Railroad Days festival to chug into West Chicago
By Suburban Life Media
The Fourth of July may have come and gone, but the fun continues at West Chicago Railroad Days – fireworks, parade, car show and all – beginning Thursday evening, July 11.
The aerial sky display begins after dusk Saturday, July 13, following a daytime car show.
The 41st annual parade – themed "We Have a Dream" – steps off at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Music includes acts such as Midnight Special, Head East, The Neverly Brothers and DuPage Band. Admission is free to all concerts.
Carnival and other events run from 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, July 11 and 12; noon to midnight Saturday, July 13; and 3 to 10 p.m. Sunday, July 14.
The festival is set at Reed-Keppler Park, Arbor Avenue and East National Street, West Chicago. For more information, call 630-231-3003 or visit www.westerndupagechamber.com.
More Family Fun News
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Critic’s Choice: 'Figaro' memorable at Ravinia; season continues
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Aug. 23 to 31
- Party at La Grange Park Ace Hardware to mark honor