Railroad Days festival to chug into West Chicago
By Suburban Life Media
The Fourth of July may have come and gone, but the fun continues at West Chicago Railroad Days – fireworks, parade, car show and all – beginning Thursday evening, July 11.
The aerial sky display begins after dusk Saturday, July 13, following a daytime car show.
The 41st annual parade – themed "We Have a Dream" – steps off at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Music includes acts such as Midnight Special, Head East, The Neverly Brothers and DuPage Band. Admission is free to all concerts.
Carnival and other events run from 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, July 11 and 12; noon to midnight Saturday, July 13; and 3 to 10 p.m. Sunday, July 14.
The festival is set at Reed-Keppler Park, Arbor Avenue and East National Street, West Chicago. For more information, call 630-231-3003 or visit www.westerndupagechamber.com.
More Family Fun News
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Guest stars to join fingerstylist Muriel Anderson at Downers Grove hometown concert
- Holiday breakfast at Benedictine University to feature Santa
- Salt Creek Ballet to stage special 'Nutcracker' in Hinsdale
- Hinsdale Humane Society to host photos with Santa
- Improv comics to star at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard; Hanukkah Gift Bazaar set
- Bartlett students to perform 'It's a Wonderful Life' as radio play
- DuPage County Museum Guild to present Holiday Bazaar in Wheaton