Music, theater, Big Easy mash-up headed to FitzGerald's
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
New Orleans native son Paul Sanchez will star at FitzGerald's in an intimate evening of music and stories focusing on the New York-bound musical he has been working on for the last three years. His project is based on "Nine Lives," a bestseller by Dan Baum, that tells the story of nine New Orleanians between Hurricane Betsy in 1968 and Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath through 2007.
Sanchez and writing partner Coleman deKay have written 39 songs that have been released on a double CD.
The show, titled "Nine Lives - A Musical Story of New Orleans," has been performed a number of times in various-size productions. Broadway star Michael Cerveris is associated with the project, and they are working to bring it to New York City.
FitzGerald's points out that the singer-songwriter is also a great storyteller, which should ensure a memorable evening of song and story.
Sanchez performs at 9 p.m. Friday, July 12, at FitzGerald’s SideBar, 6615 W. Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. Admission costs $10. For ticket information, visit www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com or call (708) 788-2118.
More Music News
- Wheaton juror shapes Fine Line collage art exhibit; Randy Sabien concert set
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Opera goes to the movies in west suburban theaters
- Eric Lindell to bring New Orleans sound to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6