'Boeing-Boeing' to star Nora Dunn at Drury Lane Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
"Saturday Night Live" veteran Nora Dunn is part of the cast of the Tony Award-winning 2008 Broadway revival version of the giddy comedy "Boeing-Boeing" at Drury Lane Theatre in Oakbrook Terrace.
Jeff Award winner Stef Tovar plays Bernard, a jet-setting architect juggling three flight attendant fiancees with the help of his reluctant housekeeper, played by Dunn.
The action is set in Paris in the 1960s. Bernard’s life starts to unravel when a turbo-charged Boeing is introduced.
Dunn was Meryl Streep’s co-star in the Nancy Meyers film "It’s Complicated." Her TV credits include "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Entourage," "Private Practice," "Psych" and "Franklin & Bash," and she recently starred in Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron’s play "Love, Loss and What I Wore" in Chicago.
Dennis Zacek, former artistic director at Victory Gardens Theater and recipient of the 2001 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, directs.
Performances now to Aug. 4 begin Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. ($35); Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. ($35) and 8 p.m. ($45); Fridays at 8 p.m. ($49); Saturdays at 5 and 8:30 p.m. ($49); and Sundays at 2 p.m. ($49), and 6 p.m. ($45). Lunch and dinner theater packages range from $50 to $74 depending on day. Student group tickets start at $30, and senior citizens start at $32 for matinees, and $47 for a matinee luncheon package.
Drury Lane Theatre is at 100 Drury Lane. For reservations, contact the box office at 630-530-0111 or www.drurylane.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named