Where to find the elusive 'croughnut'
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Inspired by New York's creation of the cronut, a cross between a croissant and doughnut, the confection craze is popping up around Chicago, including the debut this past Saturday at Gür Sweets Bakery in Elmhurst. Opened last year, it's a fusion bakery for American, European and South Asian treats.
Owner and pastry chef Rubina Hafeez says the croissant-doughnut hybrid she developed is made from layers of puff pastry crafted into a doughnut shape and fried. Preparing the croughnut is both time and labor intensive.
Current flavor offerings include rose with Madagascar vanilla filling and strawberry glazed with mango filling for $5 each.
She'll offered limited quantities from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday at Gür Sweets Bakery, 162 N. York St. For more information, contact www.gursweets.com or 630-833-0008.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named