Cantigny to present symphonies and Shakespeare in outdoor series
By Suburban Life Media
Tickets for outdoor summer concerts at Cantigny Park in Wheaton have gone on sale for symphonies, Shakespeare in the Park and a special concert by the rock band Infinity.
The series kicks off Saturday, June 22, with the Elmhurst Symphony brass and percussion in “Brass Bonanza,” featuring music by composers from Elgar to Copland, Sousa, Mancini and Gershwin. Under the direction of Music Director and Conductor Stephen Alltop, the musicians will perform fanfares, English and Irish folk songs, music from the movies, marches and old favorites.
The West Suburban Symphony Orchestra, appearing Saturday, July 13, presents “Cinema Classics, conducted by Peter Lipari.
The DuPage Symphony Orchestra performs Saturday, July 27, with Barbara Schubert as music director and conductor.
Symphony concerts begin at 8 p.m. in front of the First Division Museum. Tickets cost $12 in advance or $18 on concert day. Children younger than 8 can attend for free, and parking is complimentary for ticket holders.
Seating is on the lawn, so guests are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs. Picnic baskets are welcome.
Infinity will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 6. The high-energy cover band will play classics from Journey, Boston, Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Queen, REO Speedwagon and other artists. Seating is on the lawn outside the First Division Museum. Tickets cost $10 in advance or $15 at the door.
Shakespeare in the Park
Midsummer Theater Company performs “The Comedy of Errors” at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 21. Audience members can enjoy a Shakespearean play amidst the beauty of Cantigny's gardens. Tickets cost $10. The rain date for the event is July 28.
Tickets for all events my be purchased online at Cantigny.org, by phone at 630-260-8162 or at Cantigny in the gift shop or at the parking booth at 1S151 Winfield Road.
More Concerts News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 18 to Oct. 25
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Peter Lipari to conduct West Suburban Symphony in Westmont
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Beethoven to power season launch by Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21