Corky Siegel concert to cap Taste of Wheaton at block party
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The Wheaton Chamber of Commerce announces that Corky Siegel and his band will be the last musical performance at this year’s Taste of Wheaton, taking center stage during the Sunday Family Block Party on June 2. An arresting musical hybrid of blues and classical music has become a signature for Siegel, who brings his Chamber Blues band to town for the free concert.
Siegel is famed as a composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and performer. As Chicago critics put it, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together.”
The concert takes place from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 2, on Hale Street.
“Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues performance is the most eclectic show I’ve ever seen," says Will Grosch, senior vice president of Community Bank – Wheaton/Glen Ellyn. "Phenomenal. A must see for any music lover.”
For more information about all the festival events or other musical performances at Taste of Wheaton, visit www.wheatonchamber.com/pages/TOWSchedule.
More Concerts News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Nov. 2 to 9
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Oct. 30 to Nov. 13
- Recycled Percussion to unleash 'junk rock' at Paramount
- Mystery Diner: John & Tony's an inviting Italian-American steakhouse
- Chamber music ensemble Picosa to debut at Mayslake in Oak Brook