Ahhh! La Grange Carnival to spin into view
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Rides, games, food and fun are headed to La Grange as the village welcomes its annual Ahhh! La Grange Carnival from Friday to Sunday, May 31 to June 2.
The annual event is presented by the La Grange Business Association to mark the unofficial beginning of summer, and will feature thrill rides and games, as well as live music, a DJ and entertainers throughout the weekend.
Located on Harris Avenue between La Grange Road and Ashland Avenue, the carnival also offers a beer garden and food area with fare from La Grange restaurants in addition to traditional carnival treats.
Rides and attractions are offered from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, noon to 10 p.m. Saturday, and noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. From noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, the carnival will offer unlimited ride specials, charging $20 per person per session.
Carnival weekend is highlighted by the 67th annual La Grange Pet Parade, which begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 1, and concludes at noon as the carnival opens.
Friday, May 31
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The Adjustments
7 to 10 p.m. The Trailer Park Twisters
6 to 8 p.m. Frankie Aces Comedy Magic (roving)
Saturday, June 1
2 to 5 p.m. DJ
4 to 5 p.m. Impact Dance Studio Performance Company
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Teknikal Diffikulties
8 to 10 p.m. Mason Rivers Band
Sunday, June 2
Noon to 1 p.m. Double Identity
1 to 2 p.m. Raging Hormones
2 to 3 p.m. The Capitol
3:30 to 5 p.m. Evil Burrito
Proceeds from the carnival help fund free annual public events in La Grange such as the West End Art Festival, the Halloween Walk & Fall Festival and Hometown Holiday that are organized and produced by the La Grange Business Association.
The LGBA is a group of local restaurants, retailers, service businesses and nonprofit organizations that strive to energize and enhance the local economy through events, networking and advocacy. For more information, visit lgba.com.
More Family Fun News
- Wheaton Park District to unwrap gift cards, Black Friday sales, pool specials
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Guest stars to join fingerstylist Muriel Anderson at Downers Grove hometown concert
- Holiday breakfast at Benedictine University to feature Santa
- Salt Creek Ballet to stage special 'Nutcracker' in Hinsdale
- Hinsdale Humane Society to host photos with Santa
- Improv comics to star at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard; Hanukkah Gift Bazaar set
- Bartlett students to perform 'It's a Wonderful Life' as radio play