Blooming Fest to call all gardeners to downtown West Chicago
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
If we can trust the frost danger to be long gone, it's safe to go play in our gardens. Poised to help green thumbs is Saturday's 13th annual Blooming Fest. The expanded event combines the West Chicago Garden Club’s popular plant sale with a craft show, car exhibit, children's activities, music, food and fun along Main Street in West Chicago.
A new destination is the Speakers’ Tent, with a lineup of guest speakers on horticultural and urban landscape topics. It features representatives from Cantigny Gardens, Morton Arboretum, Lincoln Park Zoo, The Conservation Foundation and West Chicago's own Ball Horticultural Co.
They join a variety of plant experts at the free fest. Downtown merchants and restaurants get into the act with special promotions, in-store specials and sidewalk sales.
To check out the full lineup, visit http://shawurl.com/lym.
Blooming Fest runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 18. For more information, call 630-293-2200, Ext. 135, or visit www.westchicago.org.
More Family Fun News
- Riverside Children's Theater Guild to stage 'Babes on Broadway'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Riverside Arts Center has designs on bowling benefit in Berwyn
- Pinstripes pizza promises love at first bite in Oak Brook
- Americana duo Red Tail Ring to perform musical valentine in Lombard