Artist creates miniature world
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The "Tree House" exhibition of sculpture and installation by Kathleen Thometz, all done on a miniature scale, features diminutive tree houses, forts, houseboats and mobile homes. It's currently on display in the Riverside Arts Center Freeark Gallery, where a reception is planned from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 31.
"Everyone needs a place to get away," Thometz says. "Even if you can't physically enter your own hut or fort, you can mentally and emotionally by meditating on one of these tiny homes.”
She says the works deal with the need for personal space, escapism and control.
The show runs through June 22 in the gallery at 32 E. Quincy St., Riverside. Hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. For more information, contact 708-442-6400 or www.riversideartscenter.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Trick-or-treat comic book giveaway to draw fans
- Trick-or-treating and costume contest to roll into Pinstripes
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 18 to 21
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Oct. 18 to Nov. 9