Volunteers to exchange Forget-Me-Not seeds for donations to fight Alzheimer's disease
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Helping hope sprout, volunteers clad in gardening aprons will grab canisters and head out in force for the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Illinois Chapter's annual Forget Me Not Days on Friday and Saturday, May 17 and 18. They will stand along main roads and at storefronts throughout the region to hand out specially marked packets of Forget-Me-Not flower seeds, courtesy of event partner Bankers Life and Casualty Company, in exchange for donations to the Alzheimer’s Association.
One hundred percent of the donations will support Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
Established in 2003 by Bankers Life, the national life and health insurer, Forget Me Not Days benefits Alzheimer’s Association chapters nationwide.
For a full list of Forget Me Not Days locations, go to alz.org/Illinois and click on the event banner. To learn more, contact Bethany Hein, manager/external relationships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-779-6952.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s research, care and support. Its mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association's Greater Illinois Chapter serves 68 counties in Illinois. Since 1980, the chapter notes it has provided reliable information and care consultation; created supportive services for families; increased funding for dementia research; and influenced public policy changes.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named