Van Cliburn silver medalist to perform at Wheaton College
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The American Liszt Society Chicago-Midwest Chapter will present pianist Antonio Pompa-Baldi, a Van Cliburn silver medalist, at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Wheaton College.
A designated Steinway Artist, Pompa-Baldi was the 1999 First Prize winner of the Cleveland International Piano Competition, a top prize winner at the 1998 Marguerite Long-Jacques Thibaud Competition of Paris, and silver medalist at the 2001 Van Cliburn International Piano Competition. He appears regularly at the world's major concert venues, including New York's Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, as well as internationally.
The New York Times has praised his playing as “meltingly beautiful” and “striking.” The Wheaton program will include works written and influenced by Franz Liszt. The Liszt Society notes its presentation represents a special opportunity to hear a world-class pianist in the comfort of the suburbs.
The preceding evening, Pompa-Baldi will teach a master class at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at the same location.
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 23
Where: Pierce Memorial Chapel on Wheaton College campus, North Washington and East Franklin streets, Wheaton
Cost: $15 for general admission; $10 for students and senior citizens, and free for Chicago/Midwest American Liszt Society members
Tickets: americanlisztsociety.tix.com or 800-595-4849; tickets also can be purchased at the door that evening
Master Class: Admission to the master class is free to the public; for details, visit www.facebook.com/LisztChicago
More Concerts News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 18 to Oct. 25
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Peter Lipari to conduct West Suburban Symphony in Westmont
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Beethoven to power season launch by Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21