Comedy fundraiser for Carol Stream parade to star Mike Toomey
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Comedian Mike Toomey will entertain at a benefit for the Carol Stream 4th of July Parade. The former Carol Stream resident appears regularly on the WGN-TV Morning News, portraying such characters as Skip Parker, Eddie and Batman. He'll perform at Zanies Comedy Night Club.
The fundraiser is set in the Zanies location on the border of DuPage and Kane counties in St. Charles.
Critics have called Toomey “one of the funniest and most talented performers to ever work in Chicago.” He has appeared on HBO and MTV, and has appeared on stage with Wayne Newton, Crosby, Still & Nash, and Reba McIntyre.
Carol Stream's past parades have featured the Jesse White Tumblers, Glenbard North Marching Band, South Shore Drill Team, Lowdown Brass Band, 501st Star Wars group, the Barefoot Hawaiians, Shrine units, bagpipe groups and many other bands, marchers and community organizations.
The Carol Stream 4th of July Parade Committee is composed of volunteers who work on the parade throughout the year. To learn more, visit www.carolstreamparade.com.
Where: Zanies Comedy Night Club at Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St. (North Avenue), St. Charles, next to DuPage Airport; the show has a two-item food/beverage minimum, and all patrons must be 21 or older
When: Thursday evening, May 23
Admission: To order the $20 tickets, email email@example.com
More Events News
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Environmentalist to be celebrated at Romeoville events
- Bridal mixer nears at Eddie Merlot's in Burr Ridge, Warrenville
- Jim Belushi to headline benefit and shows at COD's MAC in Glen Ellyn