Turkish bake sale to be part of food event in Wheaton
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Anyone who's sampled the sweet confection Turkish Delight should be intrigued to learn that Wheaton's Turkish Cultural Center will present a bake sale this weekend. It takes place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 11.
The program will include the most popular Turkish food and drinks, along with other reflections of Turkish culture. Some of the featured food will include baklava, sarma, manti and samsa. Extending beyond a bake sale, Döner will be served fresh, as it is being cooked, along with Turkish coffee and tea.
Ahiska Turks Cultural Center was established in June 2007. It is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the community through social, cultural and educational activities such as cooking classes, Turkish language learning classes, coffee nights and other activities. Another goal is to preserve the cultural values of Turkish heritage and to share those values with its neighbors.
The center is at 1415 Hill Ave. For more information, call 630 588-0760 or visit www.ahiskaturks.org.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named