Competition to grow on trees in climbing contest at Cantigny
By Suburban Life Media
Professional tree climbers will compete for the title of best climber in the Illinois Arborist Association's annual competition, taking place at Cantigny Park in Wheaton this weekend.
The event will showcase the skills of 30 contestants as they maneuver in the trees. The ultimate winner will advance to compete in Toronto. Tree climbing competitions are designed to simulate the working conditions of arborists out in the field.
The day also includes exhibitors, food and other activities.
Prelims begin at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11, at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road. Parking costs $5. For more information visit www.cantigny.org or www.illinoisarborist.org.
More Family Fun News
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Cooking class, bake sale in Wheaton to celebrate Turkish cuisine
- Artists can enter new Artéculture show in West Chicago