Native plant and tree sale nears in Oak Brook
By Suburban Life Media
Ecofriendly additions to the landscape will be offered at a native plant sale by the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County to support its educational programs. The sale is planned from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, May 10, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 11, in Oak Brook.
Naturalists will be on hand at the event, featuring more than 100 species of flowers, grasses, ferns, shrubs and trees for sunny, shady, wet or dry conditions. Pollinators will be a focus.
"Many of the colorful native plants that attract … pollinators offer great low-maintenance additions to any garden,” says sales coordinator Marcy Rogge of the district’s office of education.
The event takes place at the Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St. To view a catalog of the plants available, visit www.dupageforest.org/nativeplantsale. For more information, call 630-933-7208.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Celtic dance troupe to star at McAninch Arts Center
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Riverside Arts Center has designs on bowling benefit in Berwyn
- Pinstripes pizza promises love at first bite in Oak Brook
- GreenMan Theatre to stage 'A Very Grady Murder' mystery dinner in Elmhurst