Gardeners to find hardy perennial plants at church sale in Riverside
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Ascension Lutheran Church in Riverside has picked two dates for its perennial plant sale: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 11, and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 23. Organizers note that every year, local gardeners await the sale to find hardy perennials that grow well in our planting zone.
The sale dates coincide with Mother’s Day weekend and the Riverside Garden Club Garden Walk on June 23, which will include the Ascension gardens.
The sale features more than 100 varieties of heirloom perennials, plus limited quantities of designer hybrids. Featured is the Perennial Plant Association Plant of the Year, Polygonatum odoratum `Variegatum,' or variegated Solomon's Seal.
The one-gallon plant containers cost between $5 and $10. Experts will be on hand to answer questions and share their expertise.
The church is at 400 Nuttall Road in Riverside, long honored for its Frederick Law Olmsted landscape design. Parking is available around the church or across the street at Ames School. For more information, call 708-447-2600.
About Ascension Lutheran Church
Established in 1936, Ascension Lutheran Church began as an outreach ministry of Concordia Lutheran Church in Berwyn. Ascension is affiliated with the Metropolitan Chicago Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Visit www.ascension-riverside.org.
More Home & Garden News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- DuPage Forest Preserve volunteers needed for restoration workdays
- ClaySpace to shape ceramic classes, summer camp in Lisle
- Wheaton park rental permits now available
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Reception planned by Elmhurst Artists’ Guild for Bret Steinhaus exhibit
- Women to shop for a cause at Junior League 'Spring Fling'
- Environmentalist to be celebrated at Romeoville events
- Birds of prey to swoop into Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Feb. 20 to March 31