Youth Symphony ensembles to reach 'Critical Mass' in music
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra's 85-member Philharmonia will be led in "Critical Mass(es)" by guest conductor Kei Harada, following a week-long residency. The concert begins at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, May 5. That day, other EYSO groups will perform concerts at 2 and 7:30 p.m. to close the season.
Harada is music director for Phoenix Youth Symphony, an organization internationally recognized as one of the premier youth orchestras in the United States.
The concerts take place in the Elgin Community College Arts Center, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin. Tickets cost $25, $20 for senior citizens and $14 for students. Tickets are available at 847-622-0300 and tickets.elgin.edu, and also will be sold at the door.
The EYSO, which regularly gives students the opportunity to work with renowned musicians and conductors, will hold its 2013-14 season auditions May 30 to June 2. Its ensembles include 350 students from 55 communities.
For more information on the EYSO, concerts and coming auditions, contact www.eyso.org or 847-841-7700.
More Concerts News
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 25 to 27
- 7th heaven to rock Tivoli in Downers Grove for SEASPAR
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore