Wheaton artist to capture live music on canvas at gallery reception
By Suburban Life Media
Artist Lewis Achenbach of Wheaton captures live free jazz performances in an improvisational style he calls “documentary painting.” He'll demonstrate it with La Sirenuse musicians Kelsey Schmidt, Rachel Schuldt and Kate Reeder tonight at Gallery 200 in West Chicago.
A free reception is set from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 3, in Gallery 200, 200 Main St. Achenbach's charcoal and acrylic paintings titled “Prestissimo, Preciosismo” will be shown from now to May 31.
Whenever he documents a live performance, he photographs the painting for Facebook before leaving the venue.
“I want people to know what it’s like to be in Chicago at midnight,” says Achenbach.
The artist next will be part of events at the gallery May 18 and 31. Gallery 200 is open Thursday to Sunday.
For more information, call the gallery at 630-293-9550 or visit www.gallery200.org.
More Concerts News
- Lee Murdock 'Christmas Ship Concert' to sail back to Lombard
- 'Illumination' about to shine at Morton Arboretum in Lisle
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Check out select events in Planit 5