Tasty deal to mark Eagle Restaurant's entry in Vienna Beef Hall of Fame
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
To celebrate its induction into the Vienna Beef Hot Dog Hall of Fame, Eagle Restaurant announces a two-for-one hot dog offer on the big day. The formal induction takes place at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 7, and the hot dog deal will be offered from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Vienna Beef notes that Lee Zografos opened Eagle Restaurant in 1981, creating a patriotic theme for the eatery.
"For the past 25 years, Lee, his son, John, and staff favorites like Tasos have offered patrons not only neighborly service and an outstanding atmosphere, but the tastiest of Greek and American fare," states Vienna Beef, citing raves for the restaurant's gyros, homemade sweet peppers, burgers, Vienna Beef hot dogs and polish sausage. "With over 40 years of service … creating great food and exceptional ambiance, we toast you and send only the most heartfelt of wishes for continued success."
On May 7, customers are invited to enjoy the quintessential hot dog at Eagle Restaurant, whose special deal has a limit of up to four hot dogs per order. Eagle Restaurant is at 406 Maple Ave.
“The Hall of Fame allows Vienna to acknowledge folks in the hot dog business that have contributed a major part of their lives to creating and perpetuating their successful businesses,” says Bob Schwartz, author of “Never Put Ketchup on a Hot Dog” and Hall of Fame creator.
Chicago’s Vienna Beef, one of the few mid-sized, privately-held sausage manufacturers in the country, is in its 120th year (www.viennabeef.com). Visit www.facebook.com/EagleRestaurant.
More Lifestyle News
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Hinsdale Humane Society to throw kitten shower festivities
- Waterleaf to uncork Dutton-Goldfield wine dinner in Glen Ellyn
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Dream gardens to take shape at Morton Arboretum Arbor Day Plant Sale in Lisle
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- TOM’S COOKBOOK LIBRARY: Getting to the heart of Italian cookery
- Suburban Life announces winners of best pizza contest