Tai Chi practitioners to mark global observance with packed lineup
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Diverse activities in Wheaton and Winfield will celebrate the 15th World Tai Chi & Qigong Day – "focused on healing the planet as we heal ourselves." Taking place in 70 countries, "One World, One Breath" aims to bring about greater awareness of the healthful practice.
Linked to events around the globe, a special observance at 10 a.m. during the morning program is followed by afternoon demonstrations and festivities at Winfield bank by the Lightheart Center for the Healing Arts.
WHERE: Theosophical Society in America, 1926 N. Main St., Wheaton, and Lightheart lineup at Winfield Community Bank, 27W111 Geneva Road, Winfield
WHEN: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 27, in Wheaton, and 1 to 4 p.m. in Winfield
COST & INFO: All free; 630-668-1571, www.theosophical.org; to register for Lightheart events, call 630 260-1084; www.thelightheartcenter
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- LEGO homage to DuPage County Historical Museum on display in Wheaton
- Bolingbrook theater plots auditions for 'Accomplice' comedy thriller
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage