Standard Market plans flavorfully entertaining open house in Westmont
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The second annual spring open house will whet appetites for Standard Market. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, the gourmet grocer in Westmont will celebrate all things local with a day of tastings and live entertainment. Just announced, the Jesse White Tumbling Team will perform.
Chef Bill Kim (urbanbelly, bellyQ, Belly Shack) will demonstrate how to prepare several dishes made with his signature sauces. Local vendors (Lillie's Q, Vosges, Bobak's, Revolution Brewing) will provide tastings of products made within 300 miles of the market.
Standard Market will offer sampling of a variety of the items created on premise. The Fish Market will demonstrate whole fish cutting and the Butcher Shop will explore beef cutting. Local artist Carry Kanno will provide music, and children will be entertained with balloon animals, stiltwalker and face painting.
Schedule of events
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Chef Bill Kim cooking demonstration
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sampling of vendor and in-house prepared items:
Pantry (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) Chocolate Twist; Gnarly Knots; Go Macro Bars; Karma Kombucha; Lillie’s Q; Mama Made Co. Hot Fudge; Mascitti Specialty Meats; Scrumptious Pantry; Tiny But Mighty Popcorn; Urban Accents; urbanbelly; Vosges Haut-Chocolat; Wat-aah! Pantry (2 to 4 p.m.) Jo Snow Syrups; Kimmer’s Ice Cream; LocalFolks Foods; Rare Bird Preserves; Tiddleywink Toffee; Two Fat Guys Gourmet Sauces Butcher Shop (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Aurora Angus Beef; (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Bobak's Sausage; (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Compart Duroc Pork; (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) FreeBird Chicken Wine, Beer and Cheese (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Flesk Brewing; Revolution Brewing; Two Brothers Brewing Farmer’s Market (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Chicago’s Indoor Garden; Farmed Here; Salsas Vallarta
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Balloon animals with stiltwalker Tim Balster; face painting
Noon to 4 p.m.
Live music with Carry Kanno
Fish Market demonstration: Whole Fish Cutting
Jesse White Tumblers
Butcher Shop demonstration: Beef Cutting
Additional vendors will be added. Times are approximate and subject to change.
The Market also includes a from-scratch bakery, in-house delicatessen, and an extensive wine and cheese collection, along with dairy and pantry offerings.
At the heart of the Market is Standard Grill, a sophisticated fast-casual restaurant that showcases seasonal ingredients and the culinary talents of the pedigreed chef team.
Standard Market is at 333 E. Ogden Ave. For more information contact 630-366-7030 or StandardMarket.com.
More Food & Drink News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Nutrition Expo to focus on healthy living in Carol Stream