Famous Brothers to launch CD at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Who are The Famous Brothers (besides the alter egos of Will Clinger, Rick Vamos and Darren Stephens)? Best answer: Classic bluegrass harmony with an original comic twist. And the trio is getting ready to throw a CD release party for their new disc, "Born Famous," Thursday evening, May 2, at FitzGerald's in Berwyn.
Willie B. Famous, Darren Billy Bob ("2B") Famous and Ricky "Famous" Famous hail from the mining town of Monkey’s Crevice, West Virginia, where they created a signature, three-part harmony style and wrote most of their song list, with titles like “Armageddin’ Ready for the Second Coming (Cause the First One Came Too Fast)” and “I Got Twenty Ways to Kill You With My Swiss Army Knife.”
Chicago critics have called the Famous Brothers “exceptionally witty. (Their show) has such clever lyrics, tuneful ditties, splendid harmonies and so warm a demeanor, you can sense a great deal of audience pleasure”; and “Very funny. It is easy to forget that these guys can really sing.”
The Famous Brothers’ critically acclaimed musical comedy revue "Here Come the Famous Brothers!" ran for five months at the Royal George Theatre in 2001, and resulted in a cast album of the same name.
The Famous Brothers recently completed a series of monthly appearances at The Mayne Stage in Chicago in what they called "The Famous Brothers’ Honky-Tonk Hootenanny," a live variety show/podcast that some called "Prairie Home Companion Meets Hee Haw.”
The CD party gets underway at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at FitzGerald’s, 6615 W. Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. Tickets cost $10 and are available at FitzGerald’s and www.ticketweb.com. For more information on FitzGerald’s, go to www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com. Learn more about the band and its music at www.famousbrothers.com.
More Bands News
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Mystery Diner: The Bank Restaurant capitalizes on fresh fare
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21
- Music-centric cartoons by Charley Krebs on exhibit in Riverside
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Swing band to pay homage to Rat Pack at McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn