Artistry in Wood show to grace Cantigny in Wheaton
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Woodcarvings, turnings, wood burning art and hand-carved figurines will be showcased this weekend when Cantigny Park and North Suburban Carvers present Artistry in Wood.
The exhibition includes demonstrations, and a chance for veterans to win a raffle for one of 12 eagle-head presentation canes.
Established in 1979, the club is based in Bensenville, and has 150 members carving a name for themselves.
The show runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28. It is set in the Cantigny Visitors Center, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton
Admission is free, but a $5 parking fee is charged. For more information, call Cantigny Park at 630-668-5161 or visit Cantigny.org. To learn more about the club, go to northsuburbancarvers.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Morton Arboretum Photographic Society shows works in Woodridge
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 2
- Artist deadline extended for West Chicago banner project
- Youth can game Native American style in Romeoville
- Volunteers sought for Audubon Society bird count