Artistry in Wood show to grace Cantigny in Wheaton
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Woodcarvings, turnings, wood burning art and hand-carved figurines will be showcased this weekend when Cantigny Park and North Suburban Carvers present Artistry in Wood.
The exhibition includes demonstrations, and a chance for veterans to win a raffle for one of 12 eagle-head presentation canes.
Established in 1979, the club is based in Bensenville, and has 150 members carving a name for themselves.
The show runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28. It is set in the Cantigny Visitors Center, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton
Admission is free, but a $5 parking fee is charged. For more information, call Cantigny Park at 630-668-5161 or visit Cantigny.org. To learn more about the club, go to northsuburbancarvers.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Book lovers can stock their shelves at library's sale in Western Springs
- On Par for DuPage benefit golf outing to tee up at Arrowhead in Wheaton
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 25 to 30
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 26 to Oct. 12