Chef to plant kitchen garden for Pinstripes bistro
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Now that spring has sprung, Pinstripes Executive Chef Cesar Gutierrez is ready to launch his outdoor produce and herb gardens at several of the restaurants, sharing the bounty with the location at 7 Oakbrook Center Mall. Just in time for National Herb Week from May 3 to 9, Gutierrez will plant 10 herbs and vegetables in organic soil on the outdoor patios for maximum sunlight exposure.
Gutierrez will bring the garden environment to the bistro at Pinstripes by cooking with these house-grown, all-natural ingredients in his small plates, salads and dishes for both lunch and dinner dining. Garden items include: Swiss chard, peppers, scallions, oregano, zucchini blossoms, cucumbers, lettuce and squash.
The ingredients turn up in such dishes as:
Basil and Heirloom Tomatoes- Caprese Salad ($13)
Rosemary- Chicken & Goat Cheese Fusilli ($13)
Grape Tomatoes- Chop Salad ($11)
Thyme- House made pesto and bread (complimentary)
The outdoor patios at Pinstripes are outdoor entertainment areas offering patio dining, fire pits, lounge chairs and bocce courts.
To learn more about dining at Pinstripes, which complements its food and drink with bocce and bowling, visit www.pinstripes.com.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Downers Grove travel program to explore Italy's charms
- Mixology luncheon class nears at Autre Monde in Berwyn
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- TOTH sets auditions for world premiere in Bolingbrook
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Kennedy Summers to launch new game at Sanctuary sports bar in Brookfield
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28