Abstractionist art held by Elmhurst College; art symposium nears
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Elmhurst College's Chicago Imagist and Abstractionist Art Collection is home to an extraordinary array of works by noted artists, including Ed Paschke and Roger Brown. Art critic James Yood calls the collection “the best single overview of art from 1966 to 1985 in any public institution.”
A free symposium in Chicago will highlight the importance of satire, irony, and visual and verbal puns in seminal works by many of the artists. "Laughing Matters: Humor in Art" will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27, in the DePaul Art Museum. To register, visit www.elmhurst.edu/humorart.
The permanent collection is displayed in the A.C. Buehler Library at Elmhurst College, 190 S. Prospect Ave., Elmhurst. It's open for viewing any time during library hours. Admission is free, with more information about the collection available at 630-617-3390 or www.elmhurst.edu.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, July 26 to Aug. 6
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: July 25 to Aug. 4
- WWII celebrity Yorkie's trainer to attend Dog Days fest at Cantigny
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Red, White & Blue 5K nears in Bensenville