Musical revue part of gala benefit for Divine Infant School in Westchester
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A benefit will showcase entertainment by some familiar faces – including the mayor's – at the Red Carpet Gala on behalf of Divine Infant Jesus School in Westchester, unfolding from 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday, April 20.
The Oscar theme of"Cinemagic!" flavors entertainment at the 22nd annual cash raffle event with a chance to win $10,000. The lineup also includes dinner, silent auction and a disc jockey.
The raffle drawing will be held at 10 p.m. For raffle tickets or more information, contact the school at 708-865-0122 or the rectory at 708-865-8071. The purchase of a $100 raffle tickets provides entrance for two to the show in the DI gym, in addition to the dinner and dancing in Langan Hall.
Festivities take place in Divine Infant Church at 1640 Newcastle Ave.
DI musical groups will pool talents to present "Cinemagic!" The revue showcases 80 years of Oscar winning music. Among the performers will be Westchester Mayor Sam Pulia and the Rev. Michael Wanda. Also featured will be the DI Adult Choir, Strings of Faith, Youth Ensemble, cantors, instrumentalists and dancers.
More Music News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 18 to Oct. 25
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Mystery Diner: The Bank Restaurant capitalizes on fresh fare
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Peter Lipari to conduct West Suburban Symphony in Westmont
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Beethoven to power season launch by Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands