'Fair Trade Open House' to display African art in Warrenville
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic treasures from Africa will be showcased in Warrenville at a "Fair Trade Open House" from Friday to Sunday, April 12 to 14. Linked to a moving sale, it will feature works by African artisans. They include hand-carved sculptures, family unity figures, masks, chess sets, painted ostrich eggs, jewelry, batik textiles, paintings and other items.
The wide range of African fair trade items includes hand-crafted giraffes in stone and wood, and stone carved elephants and paintings.
Featured is a large collection of fine African art sculptures, many by master artists of Zimbabwe.
The open house runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 to 14. Admission is free.
Ethnic Arts Africa is at 30W270 Butterfield Road, at the first street west of Route 59. For more information, call 630-263-4150 or visit www.ethnicartsafrica.com.
More Events News
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Environmentalist to be celebrated at Romeoville events
- Bridal mixer nears at Eddie Merlot's in Burr Ridge, Warrenville
- Jim Belushi to headline benefit and shows at COD's MAC in Glen Ellyn