'Fair Trade Open House' to display African art in Warrenville
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic treasures from Africa will be showcased in Warrenville at a "Fair Trade Open House" from Friday to Sunday, April 12 to 14. Linked to a moving sale, it will feature works by African artisans. They include hand-carved sculptures, family unity figures, masks, chess sets, painted ostrich eggs, jewelry, batik textiles, paintings and other items.
The wide range of African fair trade items includes hand-crafted giraffes in stone and wood, and stone carved elephants and paintings.
Featured is a large collection of fine African art sculptures, many by master artists of Zimbabwe.
The open house runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 to 14. Admission is free.
Ethnic Arts Africa is at 30W270 Butterfield Road, at the first street west of Route 59. For more information, call 630-263-4150 or visit www.ethnicartsafrica.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Wheaton Park District to unwrap gift cards, Black Friday sales, pool specials
- Reception to launch Shakespeare-inspired art exhibit in Elmhurst
- Boy Scouts prepare for holiday wreath sale in Wheaton
- Gallery 200 offers jewelry making event in West Chicago