'Fair Trade Open House' to display African art in Warrenville
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic treasures from Africa will be showcased in Warrenville at a "Fair Trade Open House" from Friday to Sunday, April 12 to 14. Linked to a moving sale, it will feature works by African artisans. They include hand-carved sculptures, family unity figures, masks, chess sets, painted ostrich eggs, jewelry, batik textiles, paintings and other items.
The wide range of African fair trade items includes hand-crafted giraffes in stone and wood, and stone carved elephants and paintings.
Featured is a large collection of fine African art sculptures, many by master artists of Zimbabwe.
The open house runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 to 14. Admission is free.
Ethnic Arts Africa is at 30W270 Butterfield Road, at the first street west of Route 59. For more information, call 630-263-4150 or visit www.ethnicartsafrica.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Film society to bring Roger Ebert documentary to Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove