'Fair Trade Open House' to display African art in Warrenville
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic treasures from Africa will be showcased in Warrenville at a "Fair Trade Open House" from Friday to Sunday, April 12 to 14. Linked to a moving sale, it will feature works by African artisans. They include hand-carved sculptures, family unity figures, masks, chess sets, painted ostrich eggs, jewelry, batik textiles, paintings and other items.
The wide range of African fair trade items includes hand-crafted giraffes in stone and wood, and stone carved elephants and paintings.
Featured is a large collection of fine African art sculptures, many by master artists of Zimbabwe.
The open house runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 to 14. Admission is free.
Ethnic Arts Africa is at 30W270 Butterfield Road, at the first street west of Route 59. For more information, call 630-263-4150 or visit www.ethnicartsafrica.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, April 26 to May 2
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 25 to 27
- 7th heaven to rock Tivoli in Downers Grove for SEASPAR
- 'Artistry in Wood' exhibit to take shape at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Hokkai lends spicy kick to the art of sushi
- Book signing set at Anderson's for true story about chasing a dream
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Arbor Day event spreads to Chicago courtesy of Morton Arboretum in Lisle
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore