'Fair Trade Open House' to display African art in Warrenville
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic treasures from Africa will be showcased in Warrenville at a "Fair Trade Open House" from Friday to Sunday, April 12 to 14. Linked to a moving sale, it will feature works by African artisans. They include hand-carved sculptures, family unity figures, masks, chess sets, painted ostrich eggs, jewelry, batik textiles, paintings and other items.
The wide range of African fair trade items includes hand-crafted giraffes in stone and wood, and stone carved elephants and paintings.
Featured is a large collection of fine African art sculptures, many by master artists of Zimbabwe.
The open house runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 to 14. Admission is free.
Ethnic Arts Africa is at 30W270 Butterfield Road, at the first street west of Route 59. For more information, call 630-263-4150 or visit www.ethnicartsafrica.com.
More Events News
- Craft show at Odeum in Villa Park
- Fitness, art, book and film to be part of celebration at Villa Park Library
- Razny Jewelers in Addison teams with Swiss watchmaker for autism month
- Global missionary to speak at women's luncheon
- DuPagePads to strike back at homelessness at Galaxy Bowl in Wheaton
- Shopping benefit in Naperville to support Camp Fire
- Maria Bakalis to present Glen Ellyn show 'History Bloopers'
- Guest speaker to address actions to combat climate change
- Family Shelter Service gala in Glen Ellyn to help fight domestic violence
- St. Louise in La Grange Park to gamble on fun for benefit Vegas Night