Lemont Artists Guild to draw audience to scratchboard art demo
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - email@example.com
A scratchboard demonstration by award-winning artist Annette Perone Leiber will be featured when the Lemont Artists Guild meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, in the Lemont Public Library.
She will supply scratchboard and tools, giving those in attendance an opportunity to try their hand at the medium. She has received more than 200 awards since 1970,and has had numerous one-person exhibitions. Her work is in public and private collections in the U.S. and abroad, including the White House, Washington museums and libraries.
She teaches classes to adults and children and is affiliated with many art associations, and is president of the Addison Center For the Arts.
A resident of Addison, she is a graduate of Northern Illinois University. She is the founder of the Addison Art Guild, and part of the town’s theater guild, camera club, community band and children’s theater.
“Realism,Impressionism, abstract art … all dimensions of artistic expression are fascinating," Leiber says. "Wanting to grow as an artist, I have spent most of my life experimenting with all media. The world we see affords ever-changing (subjects) from which to draw inspiration.”
The library is 50 E. Wend St., and audience members are encouraged to bring donations for the local food pantry. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call 815-341-1145. Visit www.lemontartistsguild.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Mark Twain portrayal to entertain families in West Chicago
- Legendary Holmes Brothers to celebrate CD with free lakeside concert at COD
- Wheaton Brew Fest to blend craft beer, music, food and good cause
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Chow to dish up 'Healthy Cooking with Chef Kevin' class in Elmhurst
- Tom's Cookbook Library: A fine mother-daughter collaboration
- Von Heidecke's Chicago Festival Ballet sets auditions for milestone 'Nutcracker'
- Suburban youth symphony to team with actors in Mozart event at Ravinia Festival
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, July 26 to Aug. 6
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: July 25 to Aug. 4