Old-time barn dance to welcome all ages in Downers Grove
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - m
The Plank Road Folk Music Society will present an old-time barn dance Saturday evening, April 6, at the Two Way Street Coffee House in Downers Grove.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m., and new dancers are encouraged to arrive promptly when the dance starts at 8 p.m., so they can take advantage of the beginning dance instructions. From 8 to 10 p.m., the dancing continues with squares, contras and other dances, as well as added instruction.
"Enjoy a fun-filled evening of music and dancing for the entire family," invites the society.
The Plank Road String Band will provide music, and a caller will walk people through all the dances at the “No Experience Necessary Old-time Barn Dance." Tables will be set up around the edge of the room, so people can chat with friends and enjoy music between dances.
"Our dances are informal, with no costumes needed," adds the society, noting that one doesn't have to bring a partner, and all ages are welcome.
The cost is $5 per person. Two Way Street Coffee House is at 1047 Curtiss St., across from the library.
For more information, call Jennifer Shilt at 630-620-0688 or email email@example.com. To check out upcoming dances, concerts and other events, visit www.plankroad.org or find the group on Facebook.
More Family Fun News
- Puppets to bring Frosty to life at Elmhurst Library
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 2
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 4
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Youth can game Native American style in Romeoville
- DreamWorks presents Santa adventure led by Shrek at Oakbrook Center
- Saint Genesius to stage 'The Best Christmas Pageant Ever' in Lombard
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Dec. 13 to 31
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 13 to 19
- IC Catholic Prep to present 'Scrooge – A Christmas Carol' at York Theatre in Elmhurst