Nature Artists’ Guild spring exhibit to color Morton Arboretum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - email@example.com
Live demonstrations take center stage at this year’s Nature Artists’ Guild spring exhibit at The Morton Arboretum in Lisle.
For more than 25 years, the Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum has showcased its members’ talent in its annual spring show. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 6 and 7, visitors can enjoy this year’s display of more than 100 original pieces.
There will be artwork in a variety of media, some available for purchase. Guests will be able to watch the artists in action as they give live demonstrations throughout the weekend.
“To watch an artist excel at their craft right in front of you is an incredible experience,” says Suzanne Wegener, nature arts education manager at the Arboretum. “Each show is different, as the demonstrations and artists change. It’s a wonderful way for those interested in art to watch an artist at work.”
Entrance to the exhibit is free with regular Arboretum admission.The exhibit is set in the Thornhill Education Center on the west side of the Arboretum. Parking is free.
Adult: $12 ($8 Wednesdays), ages 18 to 64
Senior: $11 ($7 Wednesdays), ages 65 and older
Child: $9 ($6 Wednesdays), ages 2 to 17 (free to kids younger than 2)
About The Morton Arboretum
The Morton Arboretum is an internationally recognized outdoor tree museum on 1,700 acres. Plant collections, scientific research and education programs support the mission to plant and conserve trees and other plants for a greener, healthier and more beautiful world. Designed with natural landscapes, the grounds include the award-winning, four-acre interactive Children’s Garden and one-acre Maze Garden, plus specialty gardens, 16 miles of trails and nine miles of roads. Visitor experiences include the open-air tram ride, guided walks, Arbor Day celebrations, concerts, art shows, Fall Color Festival and special exhibits.
The Arboretum, 4100 Route 53, is open daily from 7 a.m. until sunset. Learn more at www.mortonarb.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- TOTH sets auditions for world premiere in Bolingbrook
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Kennedy Summers to launch new game at Sanctuary sports bar in Brookfield
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- Backstage tour of Lyric Opera to depart from La Grange Park