Film group to screen Oscar-winning 'Amour' at Tivoli Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - email@example.com
The movie "Amour," which recently won the Academy Award for best foreign language film, will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 8, by the After Hours Film Society in the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove. The film, done in French by Austrian director Michael Haneke, is about life, death and everything in between.
This Monday, March 25, one can catch "A Royal Affair," a big-budget historical drama set in 18th century Denmark.
The series continues with a deeply affecting study into the legacy of the Holocaust, "Lore," on Monday, April 22, followed by the visually stunning new feature from the director of "Certified Copy." "Like Someone in Love" will be shown May 6.
The After Hours Film Society meets the second and fourth Monday of the month with the exception of December. Tivoli Theatre is at 5021 Highland Ave.
The cost is $9 for nonmembers, $5 for members. For information, call 630-534-4528 or visit www.afterhoursfilmsociety.com.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- TOTH sets auditions for world premiere in Bolingbrook
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Kennedy Summers to launch new game at Sanctuary sports bar in Brookfield
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- Backstage tour of Lyric Opera to depart from La Grange Park
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look