Film group to screen Oscar-winning 'Amour' at Tivoli Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - firstname.lastname@example.org
The movie "Amour," which recently won the Academy Award for best foreign language film, will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 8, by the After Hours Film Society in the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove. The film, done in French by Austrian director Michael Haneke, is about life, death and everything in between.
This Monday, March 25, one can catch "A Royal Affair," a big-budget historical drama set in 18th century Denmark.
The series continues with a deeply affecting study into the legacy of the Holocaust, "Lore," on Monday, April 22, followed by the visually stunning new feature from the director of "Certified Copy." "Like Someone in Love" will be shown May 6.
The After Hours Film Society meets the second and fourth Monday of the month with the exception of December. Tivoli Theatre is at 5021 Highland Ave.
The cost is $9 for nonmembers, $5 for members. For information, call 630-534-4528 or visit www.afterhoursfilmsociety.com.
More Movies News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, April 12 to May 30
- Christie's director to discuss Liz Taylor's jewelry at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Fitness, art, book and film to be part of celebration at Villa Park Library
- Earth Day Film Festival in Romeoville to be part of forest preserve Earth Month