Film group to screen Oscar-winning 'Amour' at Tivoli Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - email@example.com
The movie "Amour," which recently won the Academy Award for best foreign language film, will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 8, by the After Hours Film Society in the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove. The film, done in French by Austrian director Michael Haneke, is about life, death and everything in between.
This Monday, March 25, one can catch "A Royal Affair," a big-budget historical drama set in 18th century Denmark.
The series continues with a deeply affecting study into the legacy of the Holocaust, "Lore," on Monday, April 22, followed by the visually stunning new feature from the director of "Certified Copy." "Like Someone in Love" will be shown May 6.
The After Hours Film Society meets the second and fourth Monday of the month with the exception of December. Tivoli Theatre is at 5021 Highland Ave.
The cost is $9 for nonmembers, $5 for members. For information, call 630-534-4528 or visit www.afterhoursfilmsociety.com.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Deadline nears for Cantigny in Focus photo contest
- Otis Wilson to lead fundraiser for Payton Scholarship Fund at Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook
- Secrets to orchid success on tap in Bloomingdale
- Elmhurst Art Museum installation casts fresh eye on Mies van der Rohe site