'Night in the Mansion' family overnight nears at McCormick Museum at Cantigny
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - firstname.lastname@example.org
A popular Cantigny Park event returns Friday, April 12, when the Robert R. McCormick Museum presents “A Night in the Mansion” family overnight. Participation is geared toward children ages 5 to 10 and their parents or guardians.
It offers a variety of activities inside the historic former home of Cantigny’s benefactor, Robert R. McCormick. The evening begins with a special program featuring raptors from Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn. Other planned activities include a pillowcase craft and a flashlight tour of the mansion. Everyone will then settle into their sleeping bags to watch movies in the historic Gold Theatre.
A light breakfast will be served in the museum Saturday morning. Overnight guests may then wish to explore Cantigny Park on their own and can join the monthly bird walk.
“Night in the Mansion” begins at 6:30 p.m. April 12. The cost is $45 per person ($40.50 for Cantigny Plus members) and includes craft supplies, snacks, movie, continental breakfast and complimentary parking. One adult for every four children is required. Reservations are required and can be made online at Cantigny.org or by calling 630-260-8162. Space is limited.
The McCormick Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday off Winfield Road, just south of Route 38 in Wheaton. Admission and guided tours are complimentary. More information about Cantigny — including museum and park hours, directions and a calendar of upcoming events — is online at Cantigny.org.
About the Robert R. McCormick Museum
The McCormick Museum is a historic house museum interpreting the life and legacy of Col. Robert R. McCormick, longtime Chicago publisher. It is located at Cantigny, the colonel’s 500-acre Wheaton estate, which he left as a gift to the public.
Cantigny Park, part of the Robert R. McCormick Foundations, is home to the McCormick Museum, First Division Museum, formal gardens, picnic grounds, walking trails and a Visitors Center with banquet and dining facilities. Cantigny Golf, adjacent to the park, features a 27-hole championship golf course, full-service clubhouse, Cantigny Golf Academy and the nine-hole Cantigny Youth Links.
More Family Fun News
- Wheaton Park District to unwrap gift cards, Black Friday sales, pool specials
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Guest stars to join fingerstylist Muriel Anderson at Downers Grove hometown concert
- Holiday breakfast at Benedictine University to feature Santa
- Salt Creek Ballet to stage special 'Nutcracker' in Hinsdale
- Hinsdale Humane Society to host photos with Santa
- Improv comics to star at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard; Hanukkah Gift Bazaar set
- Bartlett students to perform 'It's a Wonderful Life' as radio play