'Bones' creator's signing tour for 'Virals' series plots path to suburbs
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fans of the TV show "Bones" can meet the creator and her son, Kathy and Brendan Reichs, who are on a book tour bringing them to the western suburbs in support of their latest title for young adult readers.
The duo will visit Anderson's Bookshop at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 14, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. The sister shop is in Downers Grove.
"Code" is book three in the New York Times best-selling "Virals" series from Kathy Reichs and her son and writing partner. Described as a heart-pounding new book, the story puts the "Virals" to the ultimate test when they find a hidden geocache containing an ornate puzzle box — and the clock is ticking.
A spin-off of "Bones," Reichs' popular adult forensic thriller series, "Code" follows Tory Brennan, the niece of "Bones" heroine Temperance Brennan, and her gang of teenage "Sci-philes" — kids who use science to solve crimes.
The book is intended for ages 10 and older.
To attend signing
To get a number for the signing line, one must pre-purchase the author's new book at Anderson's. The shop says you may purchase a book online (leave a note in the comments field that you will be attending), stop in to purchase a book and ticket or call the Naperville locations at (630) 355-2665 or Downers Grove at (630) 963-2665
For details, visit visit www.andersonsbookshop.com.
About the authors
Kathy Reichs, like her character, Temperance Brennan, is a forensic anthropologist. Now a professor in the department of anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, she is one of only 79 forensic anthropologists ever certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology.
Brendan Reichs, who graduated from Wake Forest University in 2000, and George Washington University School of Law in 2006, left his legal practice to co-write the "Virals" series.
More Family Fun News
- Wheaton Park District to unwrap gift cards, Black Friday sales, pool specials
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Guest stars to join fingerstylist Muriel Anderson at Downers Grove hometown concert
- Holiday breakfast at Benedictine University to feature Santa
- Salt Creek Ballet to stage special 'Nutcracker' in Hinsdale
- Hinsdale Humane Society to host photos with Santa
- Improv comics to star at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard; Hanukkah Gift Bazaar set
- Bartlett students to perform 'It's a Wonderful Life' as radio play