Acappellago concerts to shower musical entertainment
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - email@example.com
Acappellago, a Westmont-based a cappella chamber choir, presents performances of “Escape to…Blue Skies” in Oak Brook and Batavia.
Featuring singers from across the western suburbs, the annual spring concerts are offered at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 16, in the Event Hall at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St., Oak Brook. The program will be repeated at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 17, in the Congregational Church of Batavia, 21 S. Batavia Ave. (Route 31), across from the Batavia Public Library.
The choir's music director is Dennis R. Smith, who has crafted a concert theme focused on weather. The program offers such selections as "The National Weather Forecast”; Bob Chilcott’s jazzy “Weather Report,” which may report “Foggy Dew” or “The Shower” by English composers Charles Viller Stanford and Edward Elgar, and “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor.
Single tickets for each concert cost $17, and $15 for students and seniors. They are available at www.acappellago.org or by mail: P.O. Box 749, Westmont, IL 60559. Tickets also may be ordered by calling 708-484-3797, Ext. 2.
Acappellago is supported in part by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
More Concerts News
- Bethel concert to star 'Young' international piano competition winner
- Check out select events in one of our Planit 5 orbits
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events: June to July 26
- Andrew Grams picked to lead Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Cantigny to present symphonies and Shakespeare in outdoor series
- FitzGerald’s adds James Hunter Six for Summer Soulstice concert
- Planit 5: Cook County events, June 6 to 23
- Broadway star Simone to headline Elmhurst College Jazz Band free outdoor concert
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, June 6 to 13
- Just Sing contest to challenge vocalists at Taste of Lombard