Suburban students to sing in Chicago a cappella Youth Choral Festival
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago a cappella will bring small vocal ensembles from area high schools and children’s choirs together with its professional singers and directors for the group’s second annual Youth Choral Festival on Saturday, March 9, including members of the Downers Grove South High School Madrigal Singers.
A concert caps the day. The non-competitive festival, with workshops held at First Unitarian Church in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, will provide talented young singers with a full day of workshops, singing and performing. Students will participate in rehearsals with Chicago a cappella’s singers, sectionals led by Chicago a cappella’s directors and ensemble members, and breakout sessions featuring a range of topics from creative vocal percussion to expressive stage performance.
The festival will culminate at 5 p.m. with a public concert at Rockefeller Memorial Chapel, featuring all the groups, including Chicago a cappella, singing alone and as a large Festival Choir. In addition to Downers Grove youth, participating ensembles include singers from Hubbard High School in Chicago, Campanella Children’s Choir in Northbrook, and the Chicago a cappella High School Internship Program. Rockefeller Memorial Chapel is at 5850 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago.
They cost $10 for adults, and $5 for students, and will be available at the door starting at 4:30 p.m. For tickets and information, visit www.chicagoacappella.org or call 773-281-7820.
Chicago a cappella is known as an accomplished and innovative vocal ensemble. Spanning a repertoire from Gregorian chant to The Beatles and beyond, the group presents its 20th season under founding Artistic Director Jonathan Miller of Downers Grove.
Chicago a cappella’s Educational Outreach Program strives to promote and improve the life-long performance, understanding and appreciation of a cappella vocal music through programming, mentorship and collaboration with schools and community organizations; for more information, contact Susan Schober, educational outreach coordinator, at email@example.com.
More Music News
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Soli Deo Gloria of Glen Ellyn brings Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' to Blu-ray
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- Bethel Church to present Messiaen's 'Quartet for the End of Time' on Good Friday