Mozart to power DuPage Symphony Orchestra chamber concert
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA - firstname.lastname@example.org
The DuPage Symphony Orchestra presents a light-hearted afternoon of chamber music at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 3, in the First United Methodist Church in Lombard.
"In a charming program of almost entirely Mozart compositions, we begin and end the program with a touch of musical humor, spotlighting the stellar talents of three DSO musicians in between," note organizers. After the performance, a reception for all attendees will include sweet treats and the opportunity to converse with Maestra Barbara Schubert and the musicians.
Soloists for the afternoon include William Allmart of Wheaton, the DSO assistant concertmaster, performing Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 3 in G Major, and DSO principals Shirley Bodett and Nichole Luchs presenting the first movement of his Concerto for Flute and Harp. The program opens with a composer made famous (or infamous) as Mozart’s arch-rival in the 1984 movie “Amadeus” —Antonio Salieri with his Symphony in D. It concludes with Mozart’s idea of humor in "A Musical Joke."
The chamber musicians performing are a select portion of the full DuPage Symphony Orchestra, currently in the middle of the 59th symphony season.
Venue and tickets
The church is at 155 S. Main St. General admission tickets cost $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, and $8 for students.
Groups of 10 or more receive a 25-percent discount by calling the DSO office at 630-778-1003. Tickets will be available at the door, but can be pre-purchased by calling the DSO office.
More chamber music
The DSO offers a second chamber music performance at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 28, titled "Baroque Bonanza," which takes place in the Gary United Methodist Church in Wheaton, and features GUMC organist William Crosbie as soloist for Handel’s Organ Concerto in F Major. Additional composers for this performance include Bach and Telemann.
For more information about the DSO Chamber Series, the remaining Symphony Series performances, and other upcoming special events, visit the DSO website at www.dupagesymphony.org, join the Facebook group, or call the DSO office.
More Concerts News
- Bethel concert to star 'Young' international piano competition winner
- Check out select events in one of our Planit 5 orbits
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events: June to July 26
- Andrew Grams picked to lead Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Cantigny to present symphonies and Shakespeare in outdoor series
- FitzGerald’s adds James Hunter Six for Summer Soulstice concert
- Planit 5: Cook County events, June 6 to 23
- Broadway star Simone to headline Elmhurst College Jazz Band free outdoor concert
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, June 6 to 13
- Just Sing contest to challenge vocalists at Taste of Lombard